Tecno Phantom 8 Launch – What You Need To Know
Finally out and known, was it a “Beauty” or a “Beast”?. Last year, TECNO Mobile thrilled us will a dual launch of Phantom 6 & Phantom 6 Plus when we least expected to see an unveiling of two flagship devices. This year when we were keen to see the mobile brand bring to light dual devices, thus, a mini and maxi like that of 2016, they released a device that encompasses Beauty (Phantom 6) and Beast (Phantom 6 Plus) to flip into our pockets.
Is Phantom 8 the hottest flagship ever released by the OEM brand? Is it worth a switch from last year’s Phantom 6 Plus especially? Will it be a great competitor for other flagships?
Let’s find out more.
The Tecno Phantom 8
Indeed, it is official and the Tecno Phantom 8 launched in Dubai last afternoon (Sunday, October 22) and upon all the introductions and teasers and more, I was able to get hands on the specs and features as below:
- 20MP (Mega-Pixel) front camera with bright selfie
- 2.6GHz Octa core processor
- 7-inches Full HD (1080p) display with a dual curved edged screen
- 64GB ROM + 6GB RAM
- Android 7.0 Nougat Os
- Diamond Fire Design
- Type-C light Speed Charge
- Fast 4G LTE, Global connectivity
- Fingerprint Sensor
For me, based on the hypes by the brand, find below my Cons or Suggestion about it:
- Storage: A flagship like this could have been best if TECNO Mobile had stocked it up with 128GB ROM instead of the 64GB ROM (as launched with the Phantoms 6 & 6 Plus)
- Operating System: Android 8.0 Oreo is the next big talk about in the world of Android and would have been a hotter cake upon launch. Unfortunately, the OEM stocked it up with the recent made-archaic Android 7.0 Nougat. Probably, users would have to update it when a full system update is launched later
Overall, Phantom 8 is still a fresh baby and too young to criticize until we run a hands on review on it. Still happy with what it has launched with, just waiting for the Ghana launch of the Phantom 8 come this Wednesday – 25th October, 2017 in Accra. Watch out for a hands-on review and comparison between its Phantom 6 Plus and other Android devices soon here.
What do you see? Do you think it is worth your purchase? Probably, you can tell us what specs you earlier wanted it come with right below.